a message from climb-casedia-climb
Hmm well if your doing a hard technical route I like sharks, but I also go for the laced Concepts because they have a really really nice firm toe box, and good edges so you can toe down front on or from the side.
If you are doing a multipitch, longer routes, or want to jump on multiple routes one right after another I suggest doing the orange Flashes. Those are super comfy no matter what! As you can tell by this image:
Cheers, send on!
a message from keydav
I went in as a novice! Loved it and just went by myself, had no teacher or coach. Just asked the nice climbers in the gym for their advice. Its a pretty friendly and open community.
My advice is to find a local climbing gym and bring a couple of friends with you! Don’t let the struggle of your first time let you down, we ALL flailed on our first day too.
Training as a beginner climber involves getting as much time/mileage on the wall as you can. Repeat climbs. In this process you are training muscles you never used before. If you become sore the day after, its a good thing! Your body is building monster muscles. When you feel the psyche come back as much as you can!
My first day lol:
I eat healthy majority of the week. I can call myself a social meat eater too.
I came to this decision last year when my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. Thankfully we caught it early with a routine colonoscopy exam and she had surgery to get the malignant tumors removed. She is cancer free now and I am thankful. At the same time I was taking a college course about cancer. Colon cancer is up in the top 5 of the most common cancers in the US. DIET is the #1 cause of colon cancer along with genetic factors. Nitrosamines in red meat and delis are deemed to be carcinogenic.
I attempt to cut out red meat in my diet, but I still eat chicken and turkey for my protein source. I say social meat eater because I live in L.A and going to a Korean BBQ is a common social gathering. haha
But its funny because after I made a conscious decision to cut out red meat, I would take a bite out of spaghetti that had ground beef in it and I would find it displeasing to my palate.
& I LOVE my juicer. Also, I am blessed with fast Asain metabolism so that has to do a lot with my thin physique. So eating healthy as I age is important to keep my metabolism at a nice level.
Exercise would be: climbing, climbing, and some running. Haha I always tell myself I should even out my cardio with running, but I usually only end up running every other week or so. For climbing I climb 5-6 days per week. 70% time on the climbing wall and the other 30% would be training for climbing. Even though life throws social events in your way, I still find ways to get my daily fitness in ;)