Its always fun to stumble upon reflection blog posts. Two years ago, I had no hope in finding someone compatible. My frustration in the dating scene as a climber lead to my swearing off of men for a while. Through that time I got to reflect on who I am, and dedicate my time to something I know I love and always gives back to me… climbing.
I can happily say, I found someone who gets me for everything I am. The best part is that we were acquaintances for 2 years in the gym. Somehow we connected. I truly believe you can meet the perfect person, but if the timing isnt right it’s not going to work.
For any of my fellow climbers who are struggling with the dating scene I have a few points for advice:
- If you just got out of a really intense relationship, take a half a year to find yourself again. Its amazing how much one-self is lost in a draining relationship.
- Looking for love wont work out. The best ones come out from the middle of freaking no-where.
- If the person your dating is jealous if your out climbing with doods/chicks all the time, drop em! Trust is the most important thing.
- Passion is an added plus. If the other person (or you) likes to be tied down to the bed post… clove hitches are the fastest and most sturdy knot to tide down the appendages ;)
- Its true love if the other person doesnt care about how nasty your Chinese foot binding feet look. They will still rub it if you are sore from projecting in hawk talon downturn shoes all day long.
I’ve had a recent reflection, because I got a message from an acquaintance who stumbled upon my linked blog post about climbing & relationships. As climbers we are spread throughout the country, and world! Somehow we all have the same struggles. From inflamed tendons, soft tips, and heavy hearts. If anyone has more tips, and experiences they want to share I would love to hear about them. Please share :)